glitter

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Unrelenting Prayer

Last week, I read this book by Bob Sorge and it really challenged me a lot.  This line sums it up fairly well:

Would you be willing to give yourself to a lifetime of unrelenting prayer if it meant being available for one single moment of obedience (45)?

Sorge really made me think about time.  First off, that I should be communing with the Lord all the time.  Twenty four hours a day.  So that in all things I do, my heart is speaking to the Lord about it and lifting up things on my mind and listening to hear his voice and following his guidance.  So much so, so that your prayers are like incense: when they are over (incense burns out) an aroma is left behind.

Secondly, that the Lord's timing is perfect.  Yes, I've known this for quite some time...but he shed new light on it.  Thinking that sometimes God is brought more glory the longer you endure something.  Thinking that God is mighty to work but waits on the best time to do so.  Personally, this brought me a lot of peace when thinking about some areas of my life that I'd like to go ahead and have an answer or a game plan.  In the long run, and in God's calendar, what's another month?  Year?  Decade?  It isn't easy to live life this way, but I can only imagine how much freer and content my heart would be if I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment