glitter

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Elizabeth Anne & Katherine Anne: Sisters, not cousins

The Courtney's were heading to the bridal luncheon, which left Cameron and I on our own sans car in the big city.  Not to fret: someone told us about an awesome walking trail we could hop on and get to many fun restaurants from.  Done and done.  We headed down this walking trail and were the only folks not exercising or in work out clothes.

At some point we realized we had no idea where we were going and there weren't really "exits" for food.  So we scooted off our little path and wondered through a neighborhood until we hit a street that looked like there might be some life on it.  We rolled the dice and went left.  I was relieved to see a normal looking dude on the street that we could ask advice of.  He told us we were definitely heading in the wrong direction and should go back the other way.  We'd come to a place with several restaurants, but he recommended going a few blocks further on McKinney and finding something good.  Turns out, his name is Reggie and he's a bartender not too far down the road.  He told us that if we stopped by, the first round would be on him.

Cameron and I cruised through the eat/work/live/shop area Reggie told us about.  If you don't want tacos and eggs for brunch, that place isn't for you.  So we took his advice and keep moving down McKinney.  I have to mention that I ate leftover pizza, again, for breakfast (I wake up hungry!), but was in dire need of a Diet Coke at this point.  We finally found the perfect brunch place -- the only one we saw in Dallas.  While waiting for a table, I noted the beautiful desserts and decided that I'd treat myself to one.  That counts as brunch, right?  As we were being led to our table, I rounded a corner to head up a flight of stairs and I heard Cameron, "EA!"  I turned around and what did I see: everyone we know in Dallas.  That's the exact place where the bridal luncheon was being held!  What are the odds?  Actually pretty good when brunch joints are not abounding.  Festa asked how we got there and was shocked when "walk" was our response.  It was fun to see them.  Apparently Bread Winners has amazing frozen mimosas and blinis.  I tasted Courtney's real quick and it was yummy.

First things first, I ordered a DC and told the waitress to "keep em coming."  She did!  Cameron ordered French toast stuffed with raspberry filling and had an amazing creme on top.  I ordered the Chocolate Seduction cake; it wins awards and such.  It might be the best cake I've ever had and seeing these pictures makes me want a slice right now.



We handed over our leftovers to the Courtney's and took a stroll down McKinney to find Christie's, where our old pal Reggie works.  To say that he was surprised to see us would be an understatement, but he was thrilled nonetheless.  True to his word, he treated us to a late morning beverage.  The sports bar was clean and well air conditioned.  It was fun to swap brief life stories with him and do something out of the ordinary.


Cameron and I headed home, thankful for a much more direct route, aka: no walking trail.  Festa left us with her car and we were able to drive the Courtney's to the church, we swung by McDonald's for a snack.  Who knew they had giant $1 drinks?!  We headed back to the house to get dolled up and cruised back over to the church.  The church is beautiful; the ceremony was sweet.  Festa looked gorgeous.


The reception was at this fun little hall on some type of water (I asked the bartender, Jose, but he didn't know what body it was). Wasn't the decor beautiful?  Loved the colors.  The food was good: mashed potato bar and prime rib were my favorites.  Oh, and the cake was really, really good.  The icing, divine.


We had a great time dancing the night away.


Such a fun trip with these ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely bride and such a ladies photo. Glad I found you on Google.

    ReplyDelete