glitter

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sweet Home Chicago...part 1

I left work on Thursday and headed to meet dad for a quick and delicious lunch.  After a bit of convincing, he only ate one sandwich.  Ha.  Graciously, he filled up my car with gas and sent me on my way to Myrtle Beach.  The airport is tiny and people watching was pretty entertaining.  We boarded the plane on time and were quickly greeted by the captain who I think would have preferred to do stand up rather than flying.  Some of her jokes were better than others.  Apparently the door to the plan wouldn't shut properly, and though it was fixed there was a lot of government paperwork to be processed and that was taking forever.  Next thing I know, one of the two AC units is down.  Don't worry, it isn't needed...but again with the paperwork.  At lunch, Dad asked me if this airline (Spirit) was safe; I laughed it off, yet really started to wonder as I sat there with all of these announcements running through my head...  Needless to say, we were an hour late getting off the ground.

The flight was easy and I made a friend: Lindsey.  Sadly, since I was running behind we had to ditch our original plans: seeing Live58.  I was really excited because it wasn't playing in SC.  Such a bummer.  Instead, I met Nathan and Shannon at Nathan's office and we walked to Hubbard Inn for supper.  We all shared some crispy sweet breads with brussel sprouts.  If you've never had sweet breads, you're missing out; they are amazing.  I had the lamb burger, with mint, red onion, cucumber, feta, and tzatziki sauce.  Served with awesome fries, it was really satisfying and delicious -- especially after flying on an airline so cheap you don't get a snack.  Shannon and I each had a Goose Island 312; think local Blue Moon.  We headed home and I have to say, their neighborhood is really nice.  While not huge, this apartment is much bigger than the studio I stayed in with them four years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment