glitter

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sweet Home Chicago...part 2

Nathan headed to work Friday morning, while Shannon and I slept in a bit.  We went on run/walk, but went our separate ways.  I LOVE meandering through unknown neighborhoods and exploring new places.  As an introvert, it was a great way for me to re-charge and prepare for the day.  I cruised through Lincoln Park (Nathan's hood), Old Town, and made my way over to the lake.  Shannon and I met back up at home, showered, and hit the town.  We shopped and grabbed lunch at Flaco's Tacos.  I didn't get too much, but a few things, including my first Zara purchase.  I'm definitely a summer girl, and was reminded of this over and over again this weekend.  One reason: it is really hard to try on clothes when you have pants, shirt, cardigan, scarf, and a jacket.  That's a lot of clothing to take on and off...  At any rate, I had a nice, low-key day with Shannon.

We headed home and then I headed to meet a great friend of mine from Columbia, Emily.  We drank red wine and ate appetizers and caught up and laughed and told stories.  When we both lived in Columbia, we hung out all the time...it was a sad realization that we hadn't seen each other in over a year.  But the best thing about good friends, is that time seems to vanish when you're brought back together again.  Emily lives in the same neighborhood that Nathan and Shannon do, so when it was time to part, I took a leisurely stroll home and found a big bowl of chocolate ice cream waiting for me when I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment