glitter

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Young Life Banquet

I went to the Charleston Young Life banquet last night and was reminded all over again why I love this ministry.  Young Life is fun (being a Christian doesn't have to be boring).  Young Life loves kids (even the ones that are really hard to love).  Young Life shares Jesus (whom we all need).

Young Life started in Charleston in 1996 and I got involved a few years later.  The Lord used Young Life to show me that, yes, I too, was in need a savior.  As I listened to kids share how Young Life was used to bring them to Jesus, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with gratitude.  12 years later, I was sitting at a table with my old YL leaders and was so thankful that they loved me when I was a brat, were honest with me about their own lives, and showed me over and over again what it meant to love Jesus.

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. - Matthew 28:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment