glitter

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sweet Home Chicago...part 3

Saturday morning was pretty chill.  I got to go exploring by myself again in the form of a run/walk and it was glorious.  Nathan, Shannon, and I headed out to go grocery shopping.  This meant going to 3 places: local farmer's market for fresh veggies, including brussel sprouts on the stalk.  Looked like this:


We also headed to Gepperth's meat market.  In addition to what was on the list, Nathan couldn't pass up a few links of duck sausage.  (That was a first for me.)  Then, we headed to a regular, and tiny, grocery store/market for the things we couldn't get elsewhere.  Once home, we made a pizza for lunch: onions, bell pepper, tomato, duck sausage, and cheese curds (the curds were also a first for me).  I'd say we did quite well:

After lunch, we lounged and caught up on some tv.  Then we started cooking supper:  pulled pork, mac and cheese, to which Nathan's signature is adding gorgonzola for an extra bite, and roasted brussel sprouts.  We were cooking supper for some of their friends, Betsy and Will.  More on this later...

After showering, etc., we headed to church.  Church was really great.  The music, the sermon, communion.  And, it was really cool to go to church with Nathan and Shannon.  I love how the Lord is working in their lives.

After church, Shannon rode with Betsy, Will, and their kid to run by Nathan/Shannon's and grab the food, then head to Betsy and Will's to get the baby to bed on time.  Nathan and I took took the train and met them there a bit later.  We tossed the food in the oven to heat up and soon enough enjoyed a nice meal.  It was a fun time.  That is, until my allergies couldn't take it anymore.  They have a cat.  There wasn't any visible hair, etc. on the furniture and they put the cat downstairs so I was hoping I'd be ok.  And I was for a while.  And then the allergies hit me like a ton of bricks: itchy, watery eyes.  We had to bolt ASAP.  Thankfully Betsy drove us home and let me cruise in a store for some Benedryl.  Two pills later and my eyes were cleared up; plus, I slept like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment