glitter

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sweet Home Chicago...part 4

Sunday morning consisted of lots of debating, mainly political, until we got hungry enough to leave the apartment for brunch.  Which, by the time we got there, was straight up lunch.  My pancakes and crispy bacon totally hit the spot.  We cruised through the Lincoln Park Zoo for a while and I'd forgotten how long it's been since I've seen zebras and the like.

We cooked engagement chicken, rice, and roasted broccoli before heading to Second City.  Yes, this is the place where one of my favorites got her start.  We saw Sky's the Limit (Weather Permitting) and it was quite funny.  A little bit crass, a little bit condescending towards Christians, but tuning that out, it was great show.  It was a fun way to end a great weekend.

Monday morning came early at 4:30.  I got dressed and then Nathan drove me to the airport.  Thankfully, the flight left on time and I landed in Myrtle Beach, and made it to work by noon.  Long day, but totally worth it.  Such a fun weekend in Chicago, good time with Nathan and Shannon, and a great personal mini vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment