glitter

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ah!!

Yesterday around 7:30pm I left my house to take a walk around the neighborhood for exercise.  And this is what I saw in my driveway:


I first hoped it was a black rope somehow lodged in my driveway.  But then it MOVED.  And then my heart stopped for a second.  I froze in fear.  Backed up and went in the house to grab my cell phone.  Because that's what I need in the midst of scary animals invading my personal space, right?! 

Thankfully, it scooted away when it saw/heard/felt my presence.  However, I feared that it would scurry into the bushes and attack me when I arrived home after the bout of exercise.  My heart eased as I walked and then tensed up for a second as I approached the scene of terror upon my return.  It wasn't there.  Holla! 

As Courtney reminded me, 1. this isn't nearly as scary as last time I saw a snake and 2. it is good to have friendly black yard snakes because they eat mice.  And if you think I panicked a bit over this snake, you best not ask what would happen to my heart if it had been a mouse! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. My heart just skipped a beat looking at that awful picture. I would have F-R-E-A-K-E-D out had it been in my driveway.

    ReplyDelete