glitter

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Windy Gap

Krissie took off work early on Friday and we drove the one of the best places on earth: Windy Gap.  I drove her car.  She DJ'd.  And slept.  But mostly DJ'd.  Oddly and wonderfully, the four hours flew by!  We headed to Blue Mountain pizza and drank a beer on the porch while we waited for Courtney, Aimee, and Jacqueline to join us.  If you ever find yourself in Weaverville, you should hit this place up.  They serve scrumptious pizza in a laid back, friendly atmosphere.  Think: home grown Mellow Mushroom.  It's perfectly Asheville.  We split a pesto pizza and laughed and caught up and told funny stories and enjoyed life.

Then we headed to Windy Gap; it is a Young Life camp in Weaverville, NC.  I became a Christian there the summer I was 16.  I think it is one of the prettiest places on earth...it captivates me each and every time I go. 

My pesto pizza crowd and I laughed and laughed and had a great time.  We especially laughed at the skits.  If you're not familiar with Young Life, know this: in addition to sharing Jesus, it is funny!  This years skit revolved around the Golden Girls...sadly, they are not on YouTube (yet).

We listened to the wonderful Ellie Holcomb.  Check her out!  Her husband is Drew Holcomb and their band is Drew Holcomb and the neighbors.  A plus: they are on Grooveshark! 

We ate.  And ate.  And ate.  Big breakfasts, hamburgers, Mexican for supper, and yummy desserts -- including a mint chocolate chip pie that makes you want to slap your momma.

We thought about exercising in the form of hiking.  The rain deterred us...when the sun came out, we were too lazy.  It went with my traveling theme of "eat a ton and exercise none."  Even though we may or may not have had a small push up contest.  I may or may not have won.  (Don't worry, Krissie.  Next year will be your year.)

We listened to talks by Paula Rinehart.  It was good to hear words of encouragement.  To be reminded that the Lord Jesus loves me.  To know yet again that I am in need of a savior and in Him, there is so much grace.  To hear someone older and wiser than me, say that it's not easy, but it will be ok. 

We also got to stalk & awe people that write some of our favorite blogs.  It was even better to see my real life friends that I don't get to see very often...including Kristi and Janet

It was a wonderful weekend.  I rode Back to Charleston with my good friend, and old Young Life leader, Dana and some of her family.  The car ride mainly consisted of napping -- which was just what I needed!



Hey little guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl!

No comments:

Post a Comment