glitter

Monday, September 27, 2010

Alpha

Y'all, for some strange reason I can not get into my blog at work.  Such a bummer!  Obviously, I cannot complain to IT about this issue so each day I head to work with high hopes of being able to blog from my office and read up on the lives of others.  Yes, I do work at work, too!

Any who, I just got home from Alpha tonight.  I started this a few weeks ago at my church and have really loved it so far.  It's been such a good and different experience for me.  You are put in groups of about 16.  You eat together and get to know each other.  Then there's a talk by our pastor.  The first week was introductory, the second was about Jesus and who he is, and this week was about why Jesus had to die on a cross.  The night is finished up with a group discussion -- this is my favorite part.

Alpha is designed as a course for people of all different backgrounds and ideas to come together to ask questions and figure out what Christianity might mean to them.  My group is made up of all kinds of people and I love hearing their thoughts.  A few folks are really searching for God and it's exciting to be a part of it.  It's also been really good for me to think through my own thoughts on the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so awesome. am glad you are finding a niche too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete