glitter

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Dirty Jerz

Not only did I become addicted to Big Love in the Dirty Jerz, but I also saw just how un-dirty New Jersey can be.  It was really quite beautiful. 

We ate ice cream at Thomas Sweet's.  We ate dinner at Triumph Brewing Company.  Leigh cooked a yummy breakfast of bacon and french toast.  We had appetizers and cocktails with her friend Kacey -- I can't remember the name.  I think it was Winbarie? 

I took a walk one morning while Leigh was at work...I love walking or driving through neighborhoods in new places.  Love looking at the houses, etc.  And I got lost and dodged a shady tan colored brown that may or may not have wanted to abduct me...

And Leigh gave me a tour of campus.  Y'all, it is stunning.  I LOVED Presbyterian College and think it is beautiful, but Princeton is by far the prettiest school I have ever laid eyes on.

The seminary chapel:


Gorgeous architecture:


Sadly, yet much to Leigh's appreciation, my camera batteries died after these shots.  So I don't have any more of the campus.  We also went to the Princeton Museum -- yes, they have a museum on campus!  Monet, Cézanne, and so many more.  The current exhibit was photographs from the 1970's and 80's.  I loved looking at them. 

I'd never been to NJ before and had too many visions of The Jersey Shore in my head.  I'm glad that Leigh was able to prove me wrong.  Much to my disappointment, I did not run into Caroline Manzo or any of the other Housewives of New Jersey...maybe next time?!

No comments:

Post a Comment