glitter

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

5 Years!

This past Saturday was Presbyterian College's class of 2005! (I can't say that without thinking of Mary Alice) reunion.  It seems like yesterday I was donning the cap and gown!  The PC campus is beautiful this time of year. The overall crowd was lacking this year; however, my friends know how to represent. It was fun to catch up with good friends. Eat way too much. Taking a trip over to our beloved B5. Seeing the Thain crew. Playing with Durham.

At one point a fellow alum walked over to our tailgated and said, "So y'all still hang out, huh?!"  The answer: yes.  Yes, we have all made friends outside of PC.  No, we did not bring them with us to Homecoming.  Besides we only hang out at Homecoming...and weddings...and showers...and slip-n-slide parties...and such...


We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites. Y'all, it is nice. Especially for Clinton.  You get a lot of bang for your buck! I would definitely stay there again. We ate at the classy Mexican resturant for supper and then headed out to the fraternity houses. I met my dancing soulmate...sadly, he appeared to be in his 40's (too old) and was married. Blerg.

Sunday morning I drove to Columbia to go to my old church, First Presbyterian. I saw my old boss...as we were catching up, these words were exchanged:

Boss: So, you're 28 now?
Me: No. Just 27.
Boss: Well, 27...and counting!
Me: I suppose we're all "and counting?!"
Boss: True. I'm 62 and counting.

Nothing like your five year homecoming to make you feel old...and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment