glitter

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Contentment

I was chatting with a good friend tonight about contentment.  Being present.   Where we are now.  Not looking back and longing for the past, yet not being impatient about the future.

I think that's what we're going to spend our lives learning: how to be content.  When you think about it, it is when we are content with where God has us and what God has given us that we choose to honor him and do his will/obey.  When we think we need something else, we start going elsewhere to be satisfied.

Here's hoping I learn how to be content and rest in what I have been graciously given...

2 comments:

  1. Story of my life. Something that has encouraged me is the story of Esther. Matt Lyda our youth pastor does a great sermon called Chance V. Providence on our website: hopepoint.org. A quote I stick on my desk is "I am not indispensable to God's purpose 'for such a time as this.'" I'm sure you know that last bit quoted fr the book of Esther by Mordecai. Hope you excel on your journey.

    ReplyDelete