glitter

Sunday, October 3, 2010

French Toast

I had some bread that needed to be used and so I decided to make French Toast with it for breakfast on Saturday.  Now, I didn't grow up eating French Toast at home (I don't think mom's ever made it).  Don't get me wrong, we had plenty of delectable treats, but FT wasn't one of them.  I've seen my Aunt Dean make it at the beach, but that's about it.  So I thought I'd try my hand at it.  Rather than Googling a recipe, I figured I could wing it...

I'm pretty sure you usually mix milk with the egg, but I didn't have milk, so I used orange juice.  


I dunked the bread in that mixture and put it in a frying pan with canola oil.  Flipped it a time or two.  


And it turned out like this:


Then I added the needed accouterments: powdered sugar and maple syrup.


I have to say, for my first go at French Toast, I think it turned out really well.  The orange juice added just enough of a citrus kick that I really enjoyed.  It was a good balance of toasty and soggy; it wasn't too eggy.  As I'm typing this, I realize that you usually put cinnamon in French Toast.  Well, there's always next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment