glitter

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stompin' the Divots!

I was invited to a polo match this past Sunday in Ravenel, SC.  Polo?  Who, me?  You better believe it.  All I know about polo I learned from Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. 

 
The most challenging thing: what to wear?  My white pumps have been put up since it's after Labor Day (yes, I do own white pumps).  My polka dots were at the cleaners, so I settled on a brown strapless dress, cowboy boots, and an orange scarf. 
 
I must say, it was an absolute GORGEOUS day in Charleston!  We showed up with some inexpensive red wine, champagne, and some treats...that were mostly prepared by Publix and a diet coke cake (still in the pan).  Talk about classy!  Well, let's.  Talk about it.  Because that is exactly what the tailgate that we ended up frolicking at embodied. 
 
Wait, you think serving out of sterling silver on bone china and linen napkins is a bit much for a tailgate?  You think having copias bottles of not-so-cheap champagne is extravegant?  You think bringing a coconut cake from the Peninsula Grill is over the top?  Really?  So do I!  But I loved every minute of it. 
 
All in all, it was a great Sunday!  I even saw some old friends from Presbyterian and high school that I hadn't seen in a while years.



But single ladies, one thing you should note: polo matches aren't the best places to find a date.  Unless you need a shopping partner...if you know what I mean.  At one point I said, "I've never been around so many gay men at one time; I've never been to a gay bar."  Amy replied, "Me neither...well, I have been to a gay bar: G spot."  A gentleman sitting next to us overheard and said, "Oh, me too!  The bar, not the other!"

No comments:

Post a Comment