glitter

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pigs Must be Flying

I like meat.  I would be satisfied to eat a hunk of meat for supper most of the time.  Red meat is my favorite.  Give me a good steak, medium rare to rare and I'm good to go.

I've never enjoyed turkey products trying to be other meats.  And I'll be honest, I've talked a lot of smack about them.  And things like veggie burgers and black bean burgers.  In an effort to eat healthier (at least for a while due to the recently added holipounds), I decided to purchase a box of non meat burgers.

I was going for black bean, yet my jippy grocery store didn't have those so I went with the all American veggie burger.  I have to say: it was delicious!  I put it on a bun and ate it like a regular burger, but it tasted good on its own as well.  It was well seasoned.  While it won't satisfy my desire for a big bite of red meat all the time, it is definitely a nice alternative.



2 comments:

  1. Look at you go girl! Guess what I just bought at the store... lean ground beef for little burgers at lunch time! Haha! We are switching roles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth Ann,
    This may be a little random..but I found the link to your blog from Kelly's Korner. The one where you posted about your friend Weston a few months back. Just wondering if he happens to be single still? I'm a single 24yr old female that lives and works in Columbia SC. I share many of the same interests as your friend and I also work in healthcare. My e-mail is lkcarolinagirl08@aol.com. E-mail me if you have questions. P.S. No pressure, the pictures of him just made me smile so I thought I’d try. Never know how things will work out, right?! ;-)
    Thanks. LK

    ReplyDelete