glitter

Monday, January 10, 2011

Roasting

One of my favorite things to cook and eat over the past few months has been roasted vegetables.  It has made me start eating vegetables I previously wasn't interested in.  Mary Alice got me started on sweet potatoes.  The Barefoot on broccoli and brussel sprouts.  And various blogs turned me on to carrots.  I never ate brussel sprouts before and wasn't a fan of cooked carrots.  So easy to do and so delicious!

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut in uniform pieces.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Add salt and pepper.
Toss and bake for 35-45 minutes; tossing once or twice through.

I like to add rosemary to the sweet potatoes and thyme to the carrots.  I also do asparagus and fresh green beans as well -- they usually take less time.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment