glitter

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

25 - 30 To Do List

I like crossing things off lists and so I like goals. I like the feeling of accomplishment. One night over a burrito at Moe's, a friend and I made up a list of things we'd each like to do in the next five years. I was just about to turn 25 and so my 25-30 list was born. I'd like to make a new to do list every five years or so, just to keep things interesting. Due to popular request, ok, one person's request, I have decided to publish it for y'all (all 3 of you).
 
Now as much as I like lists and goals, I am aware that things change. It hasn't even been two years since I made this list out, and I can see how I changed in certain areas. I've added notes to most items...enjoy!
  1. Go to Boston -- DONE! And had a blast! So beautiful, yet so chilly!
  2. Go to Austin, TX -- Still want to do!
  3. Go to Seattle/Portland -- Still want to do!
  4. Cooking lessons -- Still want to do!
  5. Get my Masters degree -- DONE! And LOVED!
  6. Read Pilgrims Progress -- 2/3 done; lost interest. Hopefully I'll pick this up again.
  7. Give something I cherish away -- DONE!
  8. Buy one pair of expensive shoes: designer, at least $250 -- I'd still like to make this purchase, but my money might be better used elsewhere. I'm still hoping to win the lottery. But I suppose you have to buy a ticket for that to happen?!?
  9. Buy a house -- Depending on what I'm doing in my life. This is the one thing I don't want to do as a single lady. Hopefully, I'll find a boy that likes this and he'll put a ring on it and we'll buy a house. Not ruling it out...but I realized I've never mowed a lawn before and I don't have any desire to start. We'll see.
  10. See a movie by myself -- Totally achievable...I just haven't yet.
  11. Share the gospel with Dad -- Still want to do!
  12. Find a job that I'm passionate about -- Still want to do!
  13. Take a midnight train going anywhere (with Aimee) -- Not sure if this will happen. I'm ok with that. But I would like to do something random and ridiculous nonetheless. Anyone game to join me?
  14. Read a Pat Conroy book -- DONE! And LOVED!

1 comment:

  1. impressive list! may i attend the train ride to anywhere?!

    ReplyDelete