glitter

Monday, January 11, 2010

A Few Random Thoughts

One.  No bones about it, I am a summer time girl. The winter just isn't my season. I'll take a bathing suit and a beach or pool any day over coats and fires. This winter has been especially harsh all over the country, and I am already ready for it to be over. While I can't change the weather, I can change my blog layout to be more cheerful and reflective of spring and summer. So I did.  I think it's much more bright and fun and I makes me smile.

Two.  My dad was in a car accident last week. He went to the hospital and had x-rays taken; praise the Lord he is ok. On some meds and sore. I went to visit him (and mom) on Saturday. We got a fun surprise when my Granddaddy and Uncle Joe came! They wanted to see/check on dad and stayed for supper before they drove back to Wilmington. My grandfather is just so funny and cute; it was great treat to see them for a little bit.

Three.  Yesterday's sermon was on Luke 3:21-22, "Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, 'You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.'”

The thing that sticks out the most to me is that the Father was well pleased with Jesus BEFORE He started His personal ministry. The Father is just pleased with us because we are His. Not because of what we do or don't do. That's not an excuse to do or not do soemthing we are called to, but it is an invitation to rest and be comfortable (not complacent) with the Lord. I am amazed that He loves me just because I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment