glitter

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shocker

No, not that!  Get your mind out of the gutter!

Mom's birthday was on Tuesday, but she already had supper plans with her Bible study.  So dad and I told her we'd love to cook for her Wednesday night.  We grilled steaks (mine was potentially the best steak I've had in years!), cooked potatoes and onions, and busted out a bag casear salad.  AND I made dessert.  Then we all watched The Blindside.  It was a very nice and low key evening to celebrate mom's 56th! 

Oh, wait, I forgot to mention the shocker!  My brother flew in from Chicago (where he resides)!  I picked him up at the airport on my lunch break yesterday.  He hung out while I worked and then we met dad at Publix.  We all got home and dad told mom her present was in the living room.  I wish I had it on video - Mom's scream was priceless.  She was so shocked!  And elated!  As far as I know, she didn't wet her pants, but I wouldn't be shocked if she did.  It was a fun surprise and I'm glad to have Nathan home for several days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment