glitter

Monday, April 19, 2010

We Survived!

The car ride was long. There was some slight bickering. Being the introvert that I am, I was excited to have some alone time yesterday. However, the "old folks tour" as my mom called it was a big hit. Both Grammy and Granddaddy were very excited to see us.

A few family funnies:

Grammy: Nathan, are you and Shannon having a church wedding?
Nathan: No, we're getting married at the bed & breakfast where our reception will be.
Grammy: ................ cricket, cricket ...........................

Grammy: Clark (my dad), I've never seen you so BIG!

Granddaddy is quite witty himself, but I forgot his good one-liners of the evening.

Evening shenanigans are nothing new to my dad's side of the family. There have been many a late night trip to Wal-Mart...and the Wal-Mart just out of town just because someone was looking for something and one thing leads to another and before you know it it is one o'clock in the morning. This includes my mother who is usually in bed around nine. A mini feud between family members erupted a while back,and lets just say there was a lot of toilet paper involved. Last summer some un-named family members spray painted another family member's yard, "will you marry me, X?" (X being his girl friend.)

This weekend our late night escapade involved tracking down my younger cousin at her sorority formal. Yes, you read that correctly. She came out of the party with her boyfriend, Mr. Perfect, to greet all of us. Then mom and I busted in the party to scope out the scene. Somehow several cupcakes decided to leave with us. Isn't it crazy when that happens?

All in all, a nice weekend with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment