glitter

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

'Twas the Season

For time with family and friends.  My days off from work included:


Dad's Christmas gathering with his buddies, one of whom may have grabbed my tush on his way out the door.  Classy.


A day trip to Savannah with Nathan and Shannon to take Grammy to lunch.  This ended up including a trip to the booming metropolis of Metter, GA to see Big Poppy's grave.  I also got a splinter that's still there...and is too tiny to see.  The gift that keeps on giving?


Christmas Eve service at church with mom and dad to celebrate the Lord Jesus coming into the world..


Trip to Wilmington to surprise Granddaddy.  Late night conversation with a cousin.  Too much food.  A road trip to Hardee's with Granddaddy -- he scooted while I walked.  We didn't eat, but just needed to make sure his Rascal would get him there.




Dad gave mom an iPad which provided lots of entertainment in the car.  I'm also hopeful it will help her typing/computer skills.  


Nathan and Shannon gave me a Cuisinart food processor; I've already whipped up some delicious homemade hummus.


Today marks my  new trend of eating healthy(er) and back to the grindstone of work calls, emails, and talking to people I'm not related to.

No comments:

Post a Comment