glitter

Friday, December 30, 2011

Highlights of 2011

A few things really stick out to me as I think back over the past year:


Books.  I love to read, but several books I read this year pierced me in ways that I hope I don't forget: Radical.  There is no Me without You.  Half the Sky.  For What It's Worth.

Travel.  I don't hop on an airplane all that often, but felt like I did quite a bit (for me) this year.  Fun trips to Dallas and Chicago to spend time with good friends and loved ones.  And then there was Haiti and Honduras.  Life changers.

Awareness. Based on the things noted above, I think God has really been showing me what goes on in the world and pretty close to my own home.  The more I learn, the more I don't want to turn my back on the injustices and sorrow.

Food.  I still love it.  And sometimes I eat too much of it.  Especially when I'm with certain people...you know who you are.

Ink.  Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment