glitter

Monday, May 17, 2010

Girl Time

Friday night we celebrated Jenn and her upcoming marriage in Ceasar's Head.  Our friends Marshall and Henry let us stay at their beautiful home with a goreous view!  It was a great night of eating, being silly with the girls, enjoying red wine, and showering Jenn with lacy, frilly things.  Quite the night time change from her sweatshirts and well-worn pajamma pants.  Just in case you were curious, here's the poem I wrote Jenn that explained my series of gifts.

To my favorite red-head, J bird,
Who used to wear so many clothes to bed it was absurd.
A series of gifts I have for you and your honeymoon,
First, satin and lace of which you will don soon.
The second requires you to take a big bite,
A bit of preparation for your wedding night.
The third will help you receive with ease,
And I’m sure Ryan will be well pleased.
Lastly, a CD full of sassy, sultry tunes,
All to help you find your groove.

You’ll probably say, “EA, you’re out of control.”
Tell me something I don’t know; I’m on a roll.
Jenn Jordan, I have a lot of love for you,
Can’t wait for you to begin your life anew.

I was also able to catch up with some friends that I don't get to see too often.  All in all, a fab time!

No comments:

Post a Comment