glitter

Thursday, May 20, 2010

So Excited

I first heard about Compassion International my senior year at Presbyterian College at a Bebo Norman concert.  I looked into the organization and loved its mission.  Over the years, I've given financially to Compassion, but this month I took the leap and "adopted" a Compassion International child.  For $38 a month a child is fed, clothed, educated, and told about Jesus.

This week my information packet came in the mail and I was SO excited to meet Roseline.  She's 8 years old and lives in Kenya in an area that is highly infected with HIV/AIDS.  I cannot begin to imagine what her life looks like.  I'm not sure if I'll ever make it to Kenya to meet her in person, but its pretty cool to have a pen-pal of sorts, to pray for her, and remember the HOPE that the Lord gives us. 

1 comment:

  1. That is GREAT EA! Can't wait to hear more about Roseline- and she lives in Kenya!!

    ReplyDelete