glitter

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Strange Question

Jenn and I were eating at Liberty Friday night -- outside on the deck area.  Perfect weather for that, by the way.  I notice this older fella (I'm thinking early 40's) at the bar.  He has straggly hair down to his shoulders.  Doesn't really fit the scene, but not too obscure to think anything of it.  A while later this fella walks up to Jenn and I. 

Random Guy: Can I ask you ladies a strange question?
Me: Sure.  What's up?
Random Guy: Well, first...are you ladies single?
Me: I am.  She's not.
Random Guy: You're single?  Really?
Me: I know...hard to believe, huh?
Random Guy: Yeah...alright...
Jenn: (Not amused.)  So, what is your question?
Random Guy: Do you know where I could buy some pot?
Me: Sorry, we don't.
(Jenn has shut down and physically moved back.)
Random Guy: You don't?
Me: Nope.
Random Guy: Ok...so, you're single, huh?  Look, I'm in town for a week or so on business...
Me: Yeah, I don't live here and I'm only in town for a day.
Random Guy: So, you're brushing me off, huh?
Me: Yeah.  Good luck in your endeavors.

We watched him ask another set of patrons.  Apparently they couldn't help him score some weed either.  He was asked to leave the bar pretty soon after that.

1 comment:

  1. i'd like to ask him...what does being single and finding weed have to do with each other?

    ReplyDelete