glitter

Friday, May 7, 2010

Shaken, not Stirred

The other night I was eating at mom and dad's and we were discussing travel plans for Nathan's wedding. First off, let me say, that while I don't and shouldn't eat like this all the time, sometimes there's nothing better than fried pork chops. The okra, black eyed peas, rice and gravy aren't bad either. And second, I went into this "family time" knowing I'd like an adult beverages...travel "discussions" prompting that. Dad asked if I wanted a glass of red wine. I'd just been walking and was sweating very unlady-like. So I declined the warm beverage; he asked if I wanted a vodka martini or light beer? I told him I'd have what he was having -- knowing that would be the former of the choices.

I've always wanted to be able to drink and ENJOY vodka martinis. They seem classy, grown up, and like it takes guts to drink them and enjoy them. (Anyone else think I sound like a 13 year old finding a vokda add in a magazine?) Anyway, that was the night for me to give it a whirl.

Vodka. Smidge of vermouth. Shaken, not stirred. Chilled martini glass.

I have to say, it was quite nice. Smooth and refreshing. Perfect way to start our family talk...

I am also proud to report that the rents and I finally made travel plans for Nathan's wedding. Michigan: here we come! (I hope you're ready for this Southern bunch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment