glitter

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trash or Treasure?

This past Friday night I spent the night with Jenn.  I forgot that she and some friends were having a garage sale the next morning.  I'm pretty sure that the 6 o'clock hour is too early to be called moring on a Saturday.  While Jenn&Ryan, Mary&Ryan, and Nicole were trying to get rid of their belongings, I was trying to sleep. 

Nicole's alarm clock went off at 6 to get ready for the 6:30 sale.  At 6:05 Mary&Ryan bounced in.  Ryan came in the house, made sure I was awake, and gave me a hug.  I'm still in bed and trying to sleep mind you.  Then, being his silly self, started poking me in the ribs.  To which I said, "Ryan.  No.  I'm probably the bitchiest morning person you know."  His response, "I think I married the meanest morning person."  Well with that I started laughing and Mary, his new bride, came in the house.  We re-hashed the story for her and I can assure you that she was not offended.*

While they started selling goodies, I slept in about 30 minute intervals until 8:30.  I kid you not, all of my dreams were about yard sales.  Scary.  At 8:30 I joined the crew outside (once I heard they had a Panera bagel for me!).  It was so entertaining. 

It was fun to give things away for free to those who needed them more than we did.  Especially to kids.  And we had one awesome patron...seriously, he reminded me of Robin Williams: in looks AND he did voices!  He was great.   Not only did he purchase lots of items, but he shared a lot of his life with me and made me laugh.  Let's be honest, once I woke from my slumber I became the dealer.  I love haggling and talking to random people in bizarre settings.  Good times at the yard sale.

AND Mary gave me a pretty cool, shabby chic looking coffee table.  I, of course, have no where to put it right now, but I can't wait to use it at some poing.

* It's not that Mary is a horrible morning person, but Ryan is a morning, noon, and night person.  I don't think there's a time when he's not "on."  Good for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment