glitter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Comfort Food

Sometimes I feel like all I talk about is food.  Sometimes I'm ok with that.  I just ate lunch with some fun friends (Jenn & Ryan, and Ryan Reese) and had a great little sandwhich.  Bacon, lettuce, and (fried green) tomato on toasted whole wheat...and goat cheese.  Mighty good. 

Eating lunch made me remember that I need to make a casserole tonight for some friends of friends...its a long story.  I'm making an oldie, but a goodie. 

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
  • A couple of cooked chicken breasts, chopped.
  • 1 8 oz. can sour cream
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 sleeve of Ritz or Town House crackers, crushed
  • 1 stick of butter or margerine, melted
  • Poppy seeds
Mix the first 3 ingredients and place in an 8x8 dish.  Mix the last 3 ingredients and place on top of the chicken mixture.  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.  It's always a crowd pleaser and can be frozen (even with the topping!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment