glitter

Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was super fun.  I drove to Spartanburg after work, met Courtney, and got another fabulous Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A.  Man, they are so good!  Then we headed to Shannon's in Greenville.  We spent many hours on her porch laughing, catching up, and getting acquainted with a new friend, Chris.  He is a foot and a half taller than me, laughs a bit like Beevis & Butt Head, and all around rocks.

Saturday we headed to a buddy's pool, also referred to as Fort Knox.  It was nice to lounge in the sun for a few hours before we got all gussied up for Katie's wedding.  Some of our other friends arrived and a total of 8 of us caravanned up to Pretty Place outside of Greenville, SC for a lovely and intimate wedding ceremony.  Of course we ended up leaving a smidge later than planned, and the ride took a bit longer than anticipated, so we got there about 5 minutes before 6.  (I have never been that late to a wedding before.  Ever.)  We were seated JUST before the family.  Good thing there were only 8 of us so it wasn't too noticeable.  The location was gorgeous and the ceremony was so sweet!  Katie was STUNNING!

Heading back to Greenville for the reception at Zen.  It was awesome!  They decorated it really well and the food was awesome, especially the pasta bar.  Yum!  Also, they served a signature cocktail of Sweet Tea vodka...in a word: fabulous.  We danced with the band all night long.  AND they had a photo booth.  So fun!  All in all, I LOVED the way Katie did everything.  Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:

The beautiful bride:


Our Presbyterian girls!  (We missed a few of you!)


The entire Blue Hose gang!


One of the band members was sporting a fab fedora and was gracious enough to let me borrow it!


Mr. and Mrs. Dillard!


We headed out for a bit downtown before heading home.  I'm proud to say that I made some Canuck friends.  In case you're wondering, Canucks are those from Canada.  And we (of course) made a pit stop at McD's on the way home.  I had my first (plain) quarter pounder with cheese and it was de-lish.

The next morning, Courtney and I woke up fairly early to head back to the Burg for church.  There was a guest pastor, who heads up Mission India.  It was pretty cool to hear about his life and ministry as they try to reach the 1.2 billion people for Jesus Christ.  After waiting in line for about a year for our footlong sandwiches at Subway, we met Rachel and Stuart at their pool.  It was hot as blue blazes, but I'm proud (and a little embarrassed) to say that I ate all 12 inches of my Italian BMT sub.  

Then we swung by the Lightcaps house for some quality time with the kids, Frances, and Jamie.  It was a great time of catching up, chasing kids, playing dress up, and dancing to classical music. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the kids are super awesome and fun (and cute!), and I just love their family.  Thanks for letting us invade your home!




I mean, aren't they precious?!?!

After hitting up the Bell for supper, I made the trek home Back to Charleston.  All in all, it was one wonderful weekend.

2 comments: