glitter

Friday, June 25, 2010

Old Pals

I'm pretty stoked that I'll be spending time with some of my old friends this weekend!  Old friends that still mean so much to me.  I love these gals because their lives are so different from mine, yet its easy to relate to them, especially to Carrie and Miranda.  But I love Charlotte and Samantha, too. 

That's right!  I'm finally getting to see Sex and the City 2 this weekend!  Sure the reviews were horrible, but that can't stop my excitement.  In case you were wondering, the reason I haven't seen it yet is because I promised Krissie months ago that we would see it together.  And yes, I have resisted the temptation to see it before and then see it again with her (thanks Courtney for tempting me). 

And the really fun part?  I'll be seeing my old TV/movie friends with real live friends.  Since Krissie is coming, Courtney is coming, and since they're coming, we talked our Princeton Princess into coming.  Amelia Alice, commonly referred to as "Leigh" is awesome.  We met at Presbyterian and have been sweet friends ever since.  A bit of a label whore, Amelia is a connoisseur of good beer, good literature, good music, and interesting people.  She has not one, but two masters degrees from Princeton...I hear its a decent school.  She is a master of many musical instruments and is becoming quite the cook.  But the reasons I love Leigh the most are that (1) she challenges me on what I think and (2) you can tell her anything and she rolls with it.  I think the combination of those things makes her such a delight.  I'm really thankful that the Lord had her share a bathroom with my friends, so we could become friends...such a sweet gift to me.

So basically, I'm counting down the hours until I am in my home.  Cooking an appetizer and making a meal.  Rocking my fedora.  Being with good friends. 

3 comments: