glitter

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vacation Hangover

I deemed last weekend a mini vacation.  And it was!  Friday night, Courtney and I ate with my parents at Supper Club at the pool.  It was margarita night and pretty fun...its always interesting to see people I haven't seen in years.  Then we headed to meet some PC friends for a beer.

Saturday was the first of three beach days.  It felt great: a steady breeze so it wasn't hot and the water was warm enough to enjoy a swim.  Surprisingly, the beach wasn't too crowded, especially considering it was a holiday weekend.  Sadly, Courtney burned that day, but she was a trooper and made it out the other two days as well.  We enjoyed some homemade Asian cuisine (thanks for the recommendation Maggie!) and made some cookie dough.  We forced ourselves to stay up and then retrieve Festa from the airport.  It was so fun to see her and catch up!

Sunday and Monday provided much of the sun: good time with Courtney and Festa on the beach.  Sunday night Courtney and I ate with my parents.  Dad fried some fish he'd caught earlier in the season and it was awesome.  We headed back to the beach for a glass of wine on Festa's beach house porch.  Who doesn't love a rocking chair at night when you can see and smell the ocean?!?! 

Monday provided extra entertainment at the beach when we realized that the beach house had about 10 boogie boards.  While Festa rocked the surf board, Courtney and I boogie boarded.  It was awesome.  Awesome until my body couldn't take it anymore.  The waves tore me up; they forced my body to flip, twist, and turn, as well as be drug along the bottom of the ocean (sand) into the shore.  There's only so much my skin could take! 

While walking into the ocean:
Me: that girl looks a lot like Lauren Edmonds.
Courtney: maybe it is?
Me: (continuing to walk forward) Lauren
It was her!  It was fun to catch up with her and her husband.  I'm sure she wasn't too shocked to see Courtney and I together.  Haha!

Monday night we tried to eat at Bowen's.  Because it is the best.  Sadly, they are only open Tuesday - Saturday.  Not sadly,  we ended up eating with Festa's family.  Her Uncle Stu made homemade pizza.  He's Italian and it was AMAZING.  I wolfed down 4 pieces and had to force myself from getting a 5th.

It was such a fun Memorial Day weekend.  So thankful for it!

Also...throughout the weekend Courtney and I watched episodes of Friends.  One.  I forgot how funny that show is.  So good!  Two.  Its awesome to watch it now that we are actually their ages and experiencing (some of the) things that they are...even the theme song makes more sense now because I feel like off and on it is my life. 

Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA...

And I am thankful to have my best friends to live life alongside me just like Monica, Joey, Rachel, Chadler, Ross, and Phoebe. 

And...one night we watched MTV's True Life: of a Polyamorous person.  That is not something I will be trying. 

BUT now I have a vacation hangover...work, bills to pay, real life.  It was worth it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment