glitter

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Haiti

I'm going to Haiti!

It all started over a year ago; my best friend, Courtney, and I decided to save and plan for a vacation for the summer of 2011.  During the spring of 2010 I read a book on missions and started praying that I would go someday.  I asked Courtney if we should consider going on a missions trip instead of a vacation...but the idea didn't resonate with her.  I put it out of my mind; we continued to think about where we would vacation and even started planning a trip.  

But the Lord is full of surprises!  God challenged Courtney to serve the Lord in missions as well and she asked me in January about doing that in lieu of our vacation.  I was thrilled!  We immediately emailed anyone we could think of that may have a trip we could tag along on.  We searched and the Lord led us to an answer: Haiti.  We'll be going with Mission to the World, the mission organization of the PCA church.  

We'll be in Haiti June 4 - 11.  In the mornings, we'll be working on a construction project of some sort.  In the afternoons and evenings, we'll be working with the kids at an orphanage: teaching Bible lesson, playing sports with them, and just loving them/showing them who Jesus is.  We'll be staying at the orphanage -- sleeping in tents in a concrete room!  While this is a far cry from the quasi posh vacation I was dreaming of, the dream the Lord planned for us is much better!  I cannot wait to see what God has in store for this trip!

2 comments:

  1. You Know I love this!!! So excited for you guys, sounds like the perfect God vacation!

    ReplyDelete