glitter

Friday, March 4, 2011

Surprised by the Voice of God

I read my second Jack Deere book recently.  I really enjoyed the book and was challenged by a lot of his thoughts.  Here are a few quotes I really liked:

Does God still speak in an audible voice?  Let me ask you, does he still ask impossible tasks?  Are there still dramatic turning points left in the history of the church and the individual lives of those saints who make up the history of the church?  Is God still showing mercy to weak people (133)?

We have been saved that we might passionately love a Person.  We have been redeemed to serve a Person, not a set of principals.  We are called first to please a real Person, not perform a ministry.  It's so easy to fall in love with principles and ministry and fall out of love with a Person (291).

http://www.amazon.com/Surprised-Voice-God-Jack-Deere/dp/0310225582

No comments:

Post a Comment