glitter

Monday, March 21, 2011

Lobsterettes

It all started with some of Krissie's art projects in college.  She took my portrait -- twice.  Each time for a different project.  One time involved her sketchy art teacher whispering sweet dirty nothings in my ear; he was super creepy.  I'm not sure if I've seen these pics; Krissie?  Where are they?

Anyway, I gave Krissie National Geographic's book of Portraits as a gift when we graduated from PC.  I picked the book because of our portrait experiences and because Krissie loves art and people -- and these portraits captured beautiful glimpses of people all across the world over much time.  I love looking at them.  There's this picture of Lobsterettes in there that makes me giggle every time.  It is totally something Krissie and I would have gotten ourselves into AND she always fries like a lobster when shes in the sun.  {Because even though she has very fair skin, she still doesn't think she burns in the sun.  And she always does!  Love you, KB.}

She totally surprised me for my birthday with a framed copy of this picture!  I'm proud to say the Lobsterettes are now bringing me joy every day in my bathroom!  It really adds a lot of whimsical fun.  Thanks, Krissie!



No comments:

Post a Comment