glitter

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Neighborhood of Gold?

Marifrasier has a knack for finding good deals at Goodwill, the side of the road, and the like.  She's great at turning trash into treasure.  She used to tell me that our neighborhood was a gold mine.  On her days off from work, she'd see people driving in our 'hood for the sole purpose of seeing what people had set out in their yards.  I haven't witnessed this, but totally believe her.

I just didn't think I'd become one of the people that loved finding things.  Ha.  Apparently, I am.  In the past week, I have made two more finds.  Earlier in the week, I grabbed this:


I haven't done anything with it yet, but I'm planning to.  It's a rocking chair that has a few imperfections.  Namely, it is missing a back.  I figure with some paint and some kind of backing, it could be a great outdoor rocking chair!  Details to come if I follow through on my plans...

Last night, I grabbed 2 five gallon buckets.  For my future "bucket garden."  Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment