glitter

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

HUSK

HUSK is the new restaurant in Charleston that people have been raving about.  I've heard comments like, "that restaurant changed my life."  Wow...that is quite the expectation!  It has been written up multiple times in The New York Times and many other publications.  EVERY item on the menu comes from the South and the menu changes daily based on what is available.

Courtney was in town for the weekend with some of her Spartanburg friends and we all ate there Saturday night.  The verdict: HUSK was really good (but not life changing).  I'd like to go back when some spring/summer items are available.  I had duck, medium rare, with a yummy sauce on top, served over something similar to risotto with sweet potatoes in it.  However, the best/most unique things I ate were the butter made with pork fat.  Imagine good butter (you know what I'm talking about) with a hint of bacon in it.  Yum.  And chocolate bread pudding...it was my first bread pudding experience and I'll be on the look out for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment