glitter

Friday, March 18, 2011

Oreo Cake

This is the recipe Jenn used to make the Oreo Cake.  I can't wait to try it one of these days because it was SO yummy!



#1: 1 box white cake mix, 1 1/4 cup water, 1/3 cup oil, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 3 eggs

#2: 1 cup oreos, crushed 

Icing: 1/2 cup butter, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 4 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup milk

Directions
Combine #1 in bowl, blent until moistened. 
Fold in #2
Mix on high for 2 minutes
Line 2 round baking pans with wax paper and grease
Bake 350 for 20 minutes
Cool for 10
Remove to cool completely then frost

For the icing
Beat butter and vanilla
Add powdered sugar and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating until desired consistency 

**When I put the icing on in the middle I added some crushed Oreos.  When I iced the top and sides I placed oreos around the outside and broken pieces on top

No comments:

Post a Comment