glitter

Friday, November 6, 2009

Cheesecake

I made a cheesecake last night for the first time. I must say, it was quite the labor of love. I hope that it (1) survives the car ride from Charleston to Spartanburg and (2) tastes good. My BFF and HLP* recently celebrated her 27th birthday and the cake of cheese is in her honor.



I know that I've only been away from Spartanburg for a week, but I must say that I'm quite excited about my return visit. It really became home to me for the time I was there. I learned my way around -- for the most part and made some really good friends. You know who you are (all 4 of you!). Courtney's having an oyster roast at her house and I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait to eat myself silly and hang out with good friends!

* In case you don't know what an HLP is, let me share with you. Heterosexual Life Partner. I know, I know...it's a bit silly sounding. But if you don't have one, you might want to consider getting one. My HETEROSEXUAL life partner and I lived together for 3 years in college, recently for a six-month stint that ended a week ago, and talk every day in some capacity. Basically, you do life together...but that's it...if you know what i mean. :)


4 comments:

  1. I love you AND your HLP! So sad we can't make it tomorrow night...the Clemson game doesn't start til late. Yall have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel uncomfortable with this post...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. but that cheesecake sure looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete