glitter

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's been a while...

Since my last post, a lot of changes have taken place.

One. I moved to James Island. I'm learning my way around with a little help from my friend Garmin. However, last night I was walking and I got very lost. Didn't help that it was completely black outside and sans my glasses I had a hard time reading street signs.

Two. My brother got engaged. Congrats Nathan and Shannon! Not sure when the wedding will be or where -- Michigan or Mt. Pleasant?!? I'll keep you posted.

Three. I started working. Monday consisted of orientation, parking pass office, parking in the parking garage only to realize I wasn't allowed to park there, so I ran up to the car before I got a ticket and moved to my designated lot. The Hagood lot. Its location: BFE. Near the Citadel. I'm sure I'll have more to come on this. Apparently, I'll need to be leaving my home around 7 to get there around 7:30 to make it to the office around 8. Oh yeah. Such a treat for a delightful morning person like myself. Then I hit up the office for a bit and was home by 2:30 for a nap! Yay!

Today was my first day in the office all day. It started off terrible! At some point I realized that I left my portfolio on the bus yesterday afternoon. Now this portfolio included my special one day parking pass, my important MUSC password, my dental insurance, and a plethora of other important goodies. Praise the Lord Marcia was available to help me and give me numbers to call! I found it and was able to get it back later in the day! Thanks, God! Then I realized I was going to be late...by about 5 minutes because traffic is ridiculous. Apparently Charleston is the new New York (paying for parking, crazy traffic, expensive housing, etc.) But my boss was gracious and we all had a good laugh at the portfolio situation. The rest of the day was pretty chill...

And it will start all over again bright and early in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment