glitter

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Humble Abode

I thought I'd post a few pics of my room. My roommate (and owner of our home), Marifrasier, selected the wall color and I really love it. It's Sherwin Williams' Meadowlands, 1414. It's and old color, but they still sell it...and I'm so glad. It's very fresh and clean...a bit more mature then something I'd naturally select, or maybe I'm growing up? Ha! And I LOVE my pillows. I purchased the solid green ones last year (and am glad I can still use them!), Courtney found the shams for me at West Elm online, and I fell in love with the paisley printed one at Target. On a shopping excursion with Frances, I almost jumped for joy when I saw it!




My bed is on risers and I'm proud to say that I put it up on rises all by myself! I felt like quite the hoss. Ha! I needed to use the space under my bed as storage and it filled up quickly! Courtesy of a very generous gift from the Lightcaps, I was able to purchase this lovely bed skirt (and a few new bath towels!). It hides the clutter and has a bit of a tailored look.




My dear friend Marshall gave me this this print as a gift when I left Columbia. It's a print of her father's, Guy Lipscomb; he is an extraordinary watercolorist and does beautiful work -- he's the reason I like abstract art. The print is of a stairway outside a home in Charleston, which is all the more fitting for me since I'm back in Charleston. I was thrilled with how well it complemented my room.


And, yes, Jacqueline, that is the cross from Windy Gap women's weekend out and about in my room. I never thought I'd use it, but alas, I did!

The furniture had been my Grammy's and was promised to me. She's still alive and kickin' but was recently moved to an even more assisted living portion of her old folks home and so I got the goods. There's a lot of storage and I'm really thankful to have all the pieces! I really like the dark wood against the fresh color of the paint and white bedding.





And, yes, that is me taking the picture with my MacBook. I don't have a digi cam, so I use Photo Booth...why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment