glitter

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sleep Deprived

I forgot how working full time makes me so tired! I know I'll get back into the swing of things, but having been out of the working world for 15 months (grad school and then some), it's taking me a while...certainly more than a few days! It was amazing to me when I wasn't working how (in Columbia) I used to cook and grocery shop, exercise, entertain and have social things to do, do my laundry, etc...all while working 40 hours a week. Whilst writing my thesis or job hunting I could plan my entire day around one or two things that I needed to do. Those days are over!

Last night I had to pick some things up from Mom & Dad's house and had a nice home cooked meal over there. It's always a treat when you don't have to cook for yourself. Thanks mom! But I was ready for bed at 7:30. Whoa. I was determined to watch Top Chef though and forced myself to stay up until 10. Turns out it was a reunion episode...so I went to bed.

This morning I left 8 minutes later than yesterday and made it to the office around 7:55...perfect timing I suppose. When I went to grab my diet coke this morning, I realized that I didn't put any more in the fridge last night like I meant to. Oops! I grabbed a huge tervis tumbler. Of course I spilled a couple of sips worth in my lap on the way to work. Haha. Thank goodness for the napkins in my glove box!

No comments:

Post a Comment