glitter

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

So I've never celebrated Veteran's day before, but this year I'm happy to celebrate. Not only am I appreciative of all the Veteran's who have fought for our freedom and more, but also for the state of SC for celebrating the Vets by giving us the day off! I've never had this day off before, and I like it.
I know I've only worked seven days, but I was already ready for a day off! If that's wrong, I don't want to be right. Unlike the other days when I wake up too early, run around getting ready, and then enjoy a 40 or so minute commute to my office, today was fabulous. No alarm, no running around, and no commute.
So far today, I've been able to:
  • Sleep in several hours later than usual. I got a full 8 hours! That's what I'm talking about!
  • Have a nice quiet time with the Lord.
  • Eat breakfast at a leisurely pace, not in the car, that may or may not have included a chocolate chip cookie. :)
Things I'm hoping to accomplish:
  • File papers that keep piling up.
  • Watch lots of TV
  • Go for a nice walk...if the rain ever lets up...it's supposed to after lunch time, which would be perfect.
  • Supper at Mom and Dad's house (and hopefully some leftovers!)
  • Trivia at Kickin' Chicken with Ben and AV...hoping I'm able to stay awake that late!
Go Vets!

No comments:

Post a Comment