glitter

Friday, November 20, 2009

Goodies

So last night I was baking up a storm. We're having our office Thanksgiving lunch today -- I'm already hungry. Apparently the entire office smells delightful from the turkey cooking in the oven. I made a cheesecake. Another one. I felt more confident in it doing it since the last one turned out really well, but it takes a really long time to bake! Hopefully the office will enjoy it.

AND I made a brownie pudding...what is that you ask? Well my gameplan was to take step-by-step pictures to show you. Unfortunately, I forgot about it until 1/2 way through. I'm hoping the final version tastes as good as the batter because the batter was unbelievable. It's a Barefoot Contessa recipe. She is absolutely my favorite person to watch cook...I'm still trying to think of ways to become her friend so that I can eat her food and be on her show. Let me know if you have any ideas. Here's the recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/brownie-pudding-recipe/index.html

Changes I made:

  • I didn't add the framboise -- just because I didn't have it.
  • I used some vanillla extract rather than a vanilla bean. Again, because it was easier.
  • I made 1.5 times the recipe. It's for my PC girls weekend, and let's be honest, 1 recipe just wouldn't be enough!

Also: Remember when I checked the humidity level last night and it seemed like today would be a fine day to straighten my hair. So I did. And of course it is misty and humid this morning...I could already feel my hair curling up a bit. I may or may not have brought my straightener to work with me. And it may or may not be plugged in, on my desk, and ready for a touch up at a moment's notice.

1 comment:

  1. EA, you have a blog! I did not know this...so fun!! I am excited to read your thoughts and get caught up on your life. So, to answer your question...International adoption is $18, 000 to $30, 000. US adoption is $5000 to 30, 000 EXPENSIVE! And you have to make 125% above the poverty line to be allowed to adopt internationally not sure about the US. We would not qualify right now b.c we are too poor:( In Gods timing! Most people take out loans and raise support to adopt unless they are just loaded! I am jealous of your yummy food! Miss you! love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete