glitter

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mornings.

I will preface this post by saying I have NEVER been a morning person. A little fact about me that my mom still can't fully grasp, and so at her house I am still woken up to a high-pitched, "Good Morning Sissy!" Ugh. Due to my disdain for mornings, having curly hair is a huge blessing and allows me to shower at night, wake up with dry hair, and cut down on some of the morning routine.

Currently, my ideal morning goes like this: alarm starts going off at 5:30, get up at 6:00 (thanks, Courtney, for turning me into a snoozer), spend some time in prayer and in the Word, get ready for work at 6:30 (wash face, make up, get dressed, make lunch, etc.), and out of the door BY 7:05.

This is a short work week -- 3 days -- wahoo!

Monday: I continued snoozing until 6:45 just because I didn't want to get out of the bed. I was able to spend time with the Lord that afternoon. And Monday night I set my alarm early and went to bed earlier than I had been, so I would get up on time Tuesday morning.

Tuesday: I woke up feeling very refreshed. This is a rare occasion and I thoroughly enjoy it. Until I look at the clock and see that it is 6:30! Apparently my alarm didn't go off?!?

Wednesday: My alarm started going off at 5:30. I snoozed as usual. Then I woke up and somehow it was already 6:24. Really? So I decided to shut my eyes just for a minute more until 6:30. I opened them and it was 7:05!! I yelled, "are you kidding me?" My roommate asked if I was ok. I tossed on jeans (praise the Lord we could wear jeans today!), washed my face, and was out the door and in the car by 7:10.

No make up this morning. For someone with AA this is quite an issue of pride. But life shall go on. I am dreading Harborview Road -- some mornings it so busy that it is the bane of my existence. Yet because public school is out it is virtually traffic less. Yay! Who knew there were so many school kids on the Island?

All in all, it has been a rough week morning-wise. But it's a short week and I am super thankful. And ready to spend time with some of my family for Thanksgiving. And ready to eat lots of yummy things.

Hopefully next week will go more according to schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment