glitter

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was my first weekend in Charleston that I didn't go out of town and had no set plans. Honestly, I was a bit nervous about it, but it turned out to be quite nice and very relaxing. And the weather was gorgeous. I hung out with one of my roommates Friday night and awoke Saturday morning to find this note in the kitchen: EA, I know you think I'm crazy, but I flew to Kansas. I'll be back Monday; call my cell. Love, Frasier. She went to see a friend; I had the house to myself.
  • Took the best bath ever. It had all the things a perfect bath should have:
    • Warm water with lovely pomegranate bath salts (courtesy of Rachel). The water smelled delightful and was silky smooth.
    • Good music = Patty Griffin.
    • Nice, tall, cold beverage. Typically, I'd prefer an ice cold beer or cocktail. But this time I had a tall glass of sweet tea.
    • Several lit candles.
  • Laid out on the beach. Saturday and Sunday. In November. It. Was. Fantastic. Beautiful weather, lovely sound of the ocean, people watching. Glorious. (Picture taken Sunday.) I didn't stay out too long because I didn't want to burn...seeing as how it's been a while since I've been in the sun in a bathing suit. But, I am happy to say that I officially have some (faint) tan lines.

  • Cooked a good meal: my version of chicken cordon bleu. I used Swiss cheese and pepperoni, instead of ham. And seasoned the outside of the chicken breast with salt, red pepper, and cilantro, instead of bread crumbs. Seared in a pat of butter and baked. Really tasty.
  • Read a book, an easy-reading mystery: Loitering with Intent.
  • Tried a new church. Redeemer Presbyterian, downtown. I forgot how strange it was to try a new church. It took me 6 months in Columbia to find the one that was right for me...and since then, that church has been my benchmark for all other churches. I'll be going to back to this one again, and probably trying a few more in the area.
  • Took a few nice, long walks in my 'hood.
All in all, not too shabby!

2 comments:

  1. love the new blog pic and background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the layout and yay i got another shout out. doesn't pom smell so good?

    ReplyDelete