glitter

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey Day, etc.

Thanksgiving Day consisted of an early morning drive to Savannah to see Grammy in her assisted living home. Recently, she's been down-sized in her home, from an apartment to a room. She's still quite unhappy about it, mainly because they have an eye on her at all times. Even in her mid 80's and with a failing body, she's still a spit fire. We ate lunch there with one of her friends, and I must say that the food was infinitely better this year than last year. Thanks for kicking it up a notch!

After lunch and a bit of visiting, we headed back to Charleston. Thankfully I packed a book: Mary Higgins Clark's I Heard that Song Before. A good, quick read. In non Thanksgiving tradition, mom, dad, and I enjoyed a frozen pizza for supper that night.

Friday morning, the rents and I headed to Wilmington to spend time with Granddaddy. It was a nice visit to see him -- he's such a hoot. We headed home Sunday after lunch...it is nice to be home!

Some highlights:
  • I bought a pair of skinny jeans!
  • I (finally) got paid after my month of working. In the words of Courtney: Those dirty pirate federal hookers took a lot of my money. I agree, Court; I agree!
  • Chick-fil-A peppermint chocolate milkshake. SOOO good! Go get one!
  • Finding out that Granddaddy has a pair of fuggs. So funny.
  • Watching Granddaddy in his new Rascal scooter -- complete with an orange flag on the back. And I have to say, it's surprisingly quiet...he can really sneak up on you!
  • Seeing a store called "Big Gals Boutique" ... really?!?
  • Mom and I ran lots of errands and only got lost once!
All in all, I have a lot to be thankful for! My lord and savior -- and being able to have a full life through Jesus Christ, my family, good friends, a job, (too much) food, a place to rest my head at night, and so much more!

I am sad for vacation to end and to return to 5:30 wake up calls... Also, the "salad diet" may start up this week in order for my pants to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment