glitter

Friday, March 12, 2010

27! Recap

All in all, I have to say that 27 was a GREAT birthday!

Wednesday night, I had supper with mom and dad to celebrate. On my day of birth, I went out for supper with my friends Lindsey and Jane Harper.  We ate at this down-home Cuban restaurant that has live bluegrass on Thursday nights.  The food was great, the company awesome, and the night was complete when the band sang Happy Birthday to me and another 3.11 birthday patron.  So fun! 

Also, my office usually does dessert for someone's birthday. But I gave desserts up for Lent (that's another post) and so they were so sweet and thoughtful. My boss took Dannon Light & Fit yogurt and put it in a casserole dish with fresh blueberries, strawberries, and blackberies. AND had "Happy Bday" written out in blueberries. So thoughtful! So yummy!

Today I am getting off work early!  And heading to Charlotte to celebrate all of my 27 years AND all of Shannon's 27 years with some of my best lady friends. [Sad you can't make it, Mary Alice!  We'll miss you!] We'll be eating a lot, drinking in moderation, and being oh so very merry!

Just to give you a sample of how much we like food...our Saturday brunch will consist of: rotel cheese grits, bacon, blueberry coffee cake, ham & bacon biscuit things, fruit, and mimosas, of course! We will also be enjoying homemade dinner by the lovely Mary Anne, lots of yummy snacks, and trying out Gatorpagne. In a word, I'm EXCITED!

I'm not sure how powerful "positive thinking" is, but I will say that this was the best birthday I've had in a long time...I just feel good with where I am in life.  And if deciding to be jazzed up about my birthday (way back in December/January) played a role in that, then way to go brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment