glitter

Friday, March 26, 2010

Quest for the Weekend

I'll be heading to the hottest place on earth after work today, also known as Columbia: the concrete jungle.  My friend and old roommate Mary is getting married and I'm excited to celebrate her nuptuals.  It will be fun to see lots of friends I don't get to see very often.  Including Cameron!  AND I'll be staying with one of my best Columbia friend's Mary Glenn.  Let's just say we always seem to have a good time...and lots of times that includes stuffing our faces with Blue Cheese Chips and 14's. 

But I'm also on a quest to find a Chicken Man painting for a gift.  He paints these fabulous chickens and other assortment of creatures, and is known all over Columbia.  He travels with all of his paintings in a truck/trailer thing that is completely painted in chickens.  So, its fairly hard to miss him...but I don't know where he's been setting up shop lately.  Have you seen him lately? 

2 comments:

  1. he's on the corner of harden and gervais street!
    love his stuff...got one for christmas and it's hanging in my kitchen. make sure you talk him down cause he will try to rip you off. you can get a painting for around $35 if you try hard enough..he'll finally give in!

    ReplyDelete