glitter

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yum!

Yesterday I went home early due to a horrid sinus headache.  After several hours resting on the couch it went away...yet still didn't feel like I was running at full capacity.  I digress...  While I was craving Five Guys (man, they are so good!), I decided to eat in -- using my leftovers and what I had around the pantry -- being thriftier and healthier.  I started by boiling some lentils.  Then I sauteed some garlic in olive oil.  Added the rest of the spinach leaves from my salad diet.  Not having pine nuts, I tossed in some sunflower seeds.  Once the lentils were boiled (around 25 minutes), I drained them and added the spinach mixture, balsamic vinegar, and a good bit of shredded parmesan cheese.  

Overall, I was quite pleased with the way it turned out!  It may look like a hot mess, but it tasted better than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment